Oikocredit invests in Fin’Elle to support women entrepreneurs in Côte d'Ivoire
Oikocredit’s loan to Fin’Elle will help provide microfinance and mesofinance loans to 10,000 households in Côte d'Ivoire.
Oikocredit has provided a loan of € 2.3 million to Fin'Elle, a member of the Cofina Group. Fin'Elle is a microfinance institution (MFI) focused on empowering women entrepreneurs by providing microfinance and mesofinance loans to women-owned small to medium enterprises (SMEs) in Côte d’Ivoire.
In addition to the loan, Oikocredit plans on further supporting Fin’Elle with technical assistance to help them improve women's financial literacy and increase financial inclusion in Côte d'Ivoire.
Cedrick Montetcho, Regional Investment Officer at Oikocredit, stated: "We are proud to be the first international lender in financing Fin'Elle. We are looking forward to providing Fin’Elle with capacity building support and technical assistance to help them achieve a higher social impact amongst women entrepreneurs."
- 28/06 - Oikocredit is ready for the future [interview]
- 24/06 - Oikocredit invests in Fin’Elle to support women entrepreneurs in Côte d'Ivoire
- 23/06 - Looking for our new Managing Director
- 16/06 - Specialty coffee making an impact
- 14/06 - Oikocredit holds 45th annual general meeting
- 10/06 - Oikocredit invests in Grace and Mercy to expand lending to women in rural communities across Nigeria
- 03/06 - Oikocredit invests in FCMB Limited to support low-income communities in Nigeria