Oikocredit invests € 1.6 million in Comafruits to support Mali mango value chain
The loan to the mango processing company will sustain up to 500 jobs and support the work of 3,000 mango farmers in Southern Mali
Oikocredit’s loan to Comafruits will help to enable the company in purchasing fresh mangos, packaging materials and equipment for processing and exporting mango products. The loan will also help Comafruits expand its smallholder farmer suppliers' network and strengthen its relationships with international buyers.
Being organic certified (Ecocert) and Rainforest Alliance certified, Comafruits actively improves the livelihoods of more than 3,000 mango farmers and their families. The company invests in improving local community infrastructure and offers much needed permanent and seasonal jobs.
Yves Komaclo, Oikocredit's Investment Manager for West Africa, stated: "We are delighted to support Comafruits. Our collaboration will help sustain a market outlet for farmers, who would otherwise see a big part of their production go to waste. It will also increase Comafruits’ efficiency and export capacity. We are thrilled to be able to work on improving our social impact in the local communities in Mali.
- 23/08 - Q2 2021 quarterly report: Performing acceptably in an unpredictable environment
- 20/08 - Overcoming Covid-19 challenges in India [interview part 2]
- 19/08 - Overcoming Covid-19 challenges in India [interview part 1]
- 19/08 - Oikocredit appoints new Regional Equity Manager for Asia
- 12/08 - Oikocredit’s work and plans in Brazil
- 03/08 - Oikocredit invests € 1.6 million in Comafruits to support Mali mango value chain