Maanaveeya provides funding to microfinance institutions and development projects.
In order to select potential partners for funding, Maanaveeya uses the following criteria:
- The project must be economically viable, with appropriate management and technical leadership, and become self-sufficient within a reasonable period of time, thus allowing Maanaveeya‘s capital participation to be phased out.
- The enterprise supported must benefit disadvantaged people.
- There must be a clear need for the type of financial service(s) being requested from Maanaveeya. Financial benefits must be widely distributed and not result in the enrichment of only a few.
- The enterprise must contribute to the social and/or economic advancement of the larger community in which it is located. Preference is given to enterprises in which women are direct beneficiaries and where they participate in decision-making structures and procedures.
- Special attention is paid to the ecological impact and the protection of animals and species. The project should meet the environmental criteria adopted by Maanaveeya.
If you feel that you are eligible for Maanaveeya loan based on the criteria enumerated above you may get in touch with us.